Our client, a leading manufacturer, is currently looking for a Supply Chain Manager to provide organizational leadership to develop and execute strategic Supply Chain and Quality plans. This role performs wide range of duties including functioning as the liaison between the customers' needs and the organization's ability to supply product timely, competitively, and profitably. The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for the effective purchasing and manufacturing planning function for the organization.
- Develops and executes annual Supply Chain business plan to drive Inventory Control, Purchasing, Warehousing, Planning, and Scheduling. Assess Supply Chain potential and identify new opportunities and synergies to improve cost and control.
- Maintain key supplier relationships and develop / implement strategies for decreasing Company’s cost base.
- Performs all duties involved with sourcing raw materials and scheduling production to the shop floor, and is responsible to provide production schedule information to Customer Service for communication to the customer.
- Develops and calculates the production schedule, incorporating forecast and customer orders to meet 95% On Time Delivery performance to customer request date.
- Leads and develops production schedulers to ensure satisfactory job performance and alignment with company goals.
- Monitors lead times on raw material and other purchased items to incorporate into the production schedule.
- Responsible for monitoring the inventory level for make to stock items.
- 10+ years of supply chain management experience;
- Is a dynamic leader, skilled communicator, and supply chain manager with a history of demonstrating why and how good supply chain principles change businesses. Is self-motivated, intellectually curious and able to adjust quickly to changing priorities.
- Excellent office communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently or as a team.
- Working knowledge of PC based software tools, including ERP systems, MS Office and Outlook.
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with various skillsets.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and perform under pressure to meet the needs of internal and external customers
- LEAN Manufacturing / Six Sigma experience highly desired