Designs and develops complex engineering systems to deliver solutions to satisfy customer's requirements. Provides feedback to and communicates with Engineering Department, Project Management, Sales and customers about design solutions and root cause analyses of customer issues. Continually works to identify potential improvements in engineering designs and departmental procedures. Acts as a mentor/guide to less experienced department employees.
- Define solution packages consist of scope / effort / components based on customer requirements. Work close to sales in contract negotiation and technical scope definition phase as part of quoting process. Strongly focus on standardization and due-dates for quotes.
- Ensure the PSE-Quality (Clear-Order process) gates are filled with technical topics as part of the quoting process
- Perform site surveys / assessments on site with client and sales support.
- Handover solution to project team after PO / contract sign-off: scope, assumptions, and risks
- Support sales manager at quote phase with technical clarification to shape and finalize scope.
- Provide technical disclaimers & risk analysis
- Provide job cost estimates
- Identify potential to generate new business, trigger sales in terms of scope adjustments.
- Reduce risks for company by using pre-defined solutions as much as possible, and by detailed feasibility analysis if required.
- Explain technical scope to Sales & customer
- Involve next level management if issue / decision cannot be solved on PSE level.
- Work close to sales, product development and R&D.
- Determine and verify camera, lighting, and software configuration for customer inspections.
- Evaluate physical space constraints and ensure conceptualized designs will fit.
- Support/troubleshoot build and/or setup issues.