Our client is a global leader and is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to be responsible for trouble-shooting manufacturing methods, processing, machine and tool utilization, and methods modification.
- Develop and implement new or modified manufacturing methods in order to reduce production costs and improve efficiencies.
- Investigate and analyze production methods, processes, and operations to determine if any manufacturing modifications need to be made to increase production and reduce costs.
- Observe and analyze high scrap or rework operation to determine the root cause including sharing the results and recommending solutions to issues.
- Compile pertinent cost, manpower efficiency, machine capability, space utilization, material handling, and other data to support new manufacturing methods and/or equipment modification recommendations.
- Direct and instruct processing personnel in changes.
- Conduct studies to prepare and recommend new and revised operating procedures to maintain control, improve operations and facilitate processing.
- Analyze, recommend, and justify tooling requirements for assigned lines including approving the procurement and utilization of tools.
- Compile and analyze significant data relative to the solution of manufacturing problems and/or cost reduction studies,
- Prepare and submit manufacturing cost estimates with substantiating data for review and approval.
- Prepare and submit manufacturing procedures and plans interacting with customers on specialized projects.
- Abide by all facility safety guidelines and quality procedures. Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- 5-10 years of manufacturing/industrial-related experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing methods; planning and layout of production facilities; and equipment, work flow, cost control, and cost reduction techniques.
- Strong understanding of metallurgy, grinding, and CNC machines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to direct personnel as well as plant supervisory personnel.