Work Shift First – 4 day workweek (M-TH) 5:00am – 3:30pm (10hrs x 4 days). Extended hours are required as needed.
Summary: Supervise and Lead the Welding Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Recruiting, training and retention of a qualified and motivated team.
- Monitor processes and productivity throughout shift.
- Improve quality using organization standards and guidelines
- Regulate item inventory and labor documentation.
- Monitor, analyze, correct, and track results.
- Provide job expectations and training to staff: planning, monitoring, and appraising job outcomes, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees using organization policies and procedures.
- Ensure production and customer demands are met by scheduling and assigning proper personnel and priorities,
- Monitor production progress, revise schedules, resolve problems, and report the shift production summaries daily.
- Purchase or request tooling, supplies, or capital equipment necessary to perform tasks.
- Monitor time, attendance, vacations, team punctuality and labor tracking to control labor costs.
- Ensure all safety policies, procedures and training is strictly enforced.
- Champion and enforce 5s and Lean Management Methodology.
- Ensure Operation of all equipment by calling for repairs as needed.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Attitude:
- Proficient blueprint knowledge
- Strong mechanical, machine shop and welding knowledge
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills in a fast paced environment
- Familiar with CNC, fabrication, polishing, water jet, plastics, and welding equipment
- High energy and organizational skills
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite
- Report Writing and Documentation using Office Suite
- Minimum 5 years' experience in machine shop/welding environment
- Minimum 5 years' experience in supervision or group lead.
Education, Training, Experience:
- Bachelors or Technical degree with a minimum 5 years of Machine Shop Supervision Experience
- Documented Lean Training or Certification