Our client is a well-established and growing global leader seeking a Cost Accountant who will be responsible for analyzing, reporting, correcting and communicating inventory cost variances throughout the manufacturing process. This position will also have responsibility for identifying the root cause of variances to determine potential changes in Operations processes. Additionally, this position will be responsible for ensuring successful transition of cost accounting functions to Tampa, which may require occasional travel.
- Accurate reporting of inventory and cost of goods sold in acordance with U.S. GAAP
- Play key role in physical inventory counts in conjunction with Operations including posting inventory reconciliations and preparing inventory sign off packages
- Assist with implementation and monitoring of inventory cycle counting and lead service technicians' cycle counts including resolving variances with Service department
- Support and maintenance of product and General Ledger codes in ERP system(s) including validation of BOM to support manufacturing personnel
- Perform root-cause analysis of job variances including working with Operations to resolve as well as prevent future occurrences
- Engage and lead Operations to improve the operational and financial effectiveness of the plant bringing visibility to aging/obsolete inventory and root-causes resolution to variances, etc.
- Closing and reporting duties including calculation and analysis of inventory reserves, warranty costs analysis, reporting financial KPIs, accumulation and application of overhead costs, journal entries, inventory evaluation, inventory roll-forward, aging/obsolescence inventory analysis, and reconciliation of transactional data to General Ledger
- Maintain Fixed Assets and roll forwards including monthly closing and ensuring proper processes are followed for capital acquisitions
- Other duties include assisting with the budgeting process; coordinating with Corporate departments like Group Finance and Tax Compliance as well as others as needed; various tax filings related to tangible assets
- Support internal and external audits as well as supporting adherence to SOX controls