|Mechanical Engineer||Category: General Manufacturing||Job Number: 70232|
This vital role is responsible for working to customer specifications, identifying changes to standard machinery to meet these specifications and producing cost effective designs to meet these requirements within budget and schedule. This involves working closely with the Sales Department and direct customer contact, application of mechanical engineering knowledge of machinery principles and materials, manufacturing methods and processes to insure designs are functional, practical, economical and satisfy customer operating requirements.
You will handle multiple projects concurrently in a team environment, and will be involved in hands-on solution of assembly issues and field problems. A good mechanical aptitude and a desire to learn are required.
The candidate for this opportunity should be a motivated, conscientious, collaborative engineer interested in a solid career with a dynamic group of creative professionals.
• 4-year degree in Mechanical Engineering or a 2-year technical school degree with proven work experience.
• 3 – 5 years machine design experience preferred
• Proficiency in SolidWorks (parts, assemblies, drawings, configurations) SolidWorks Ver. 16
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite• Self starter who is adaptable to work independently and within a team environment
• Experience in the application of design and drafting principles and practices
• Comprehensive knowledge of machine design, material transfer, pneumatics, fabricator and practices
• Knowledge of Machine Shop practices and Lean Manufacturing preferred
• Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, computer skills, and the ability to take direction