Summary: This position is responsible for sales growth and management within the defined territory for both direct customers and channel partners. The territory includes US states of WA, OR, CA, NV, ID, UT, AZ, CO, WY and MT and may be modified as required to meet future business requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Development and communication of overall sales strategy including customers (end user and OEM), products, marketing, competition, and channel plan to maximize territory sales potential and exceed sales targets. Update annually (and quarterly as needed).
- Sales growth, management and support of direct customers for all products.
- Sales growth, management and support of sales representatives and distributors and development of new sales channel partners as needed.
- Sales growth, management and support of key accounts (national and/or global) as required by sales management.
- Management and support of service provided by distributors to ensure standards and level of support are met to foster business growth.
- Generation and full progression of leads in territory through effective management of customers and internal resources.
- Trade show sales participation, reporting and management as required.
- Generate monthly and annual projections, monthly reports, and fully utilize company's current CRM program (SalesLogix)
- Comply with all relevant company policies and procedures.
Primary Contacts: Direct customers (end user & OEM), channel partners, application engineering and R&D, customer service, operations, national and global sales team.
Behavioral Traits, Attitudes and Core Competencies Required:
- In-depth understanding of principles products.
- Extreme focus on customer relationships (internal and external).
- Consultative selling and problem solving.
- Clear, concise, and timely written and verbal communications.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to strive for and meet aggressive goals.
- Ability to meet deadlines, multitask and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
Prerequisites (Education, Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Engineering.
- 5 years of experience in selling packaging machinery, product inspection expertise is a plus.
- Resides within region.