ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure schedule meets required start and end dates to comply with job end dates and confirmed ship dates
- Liaise with other production schedulers to ensure timely availability of materials
- Liaise with purchasing department to ensure timely availability of outsourced and purchased parts and components
- Visualize assembly / kitting schedule
- Create and release production orders as needed
- Proactively provide input for Master Schedulers in case customer orders need to be rescheduled
- Act as backup for other Assembly and Fabrication scheduler
- Works with manufacturing engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate assembly and fabrication processes.
- Updates and prepares revised schedules based on changes generated by such factors as engineering changes, customer requests, missing parts, etc.
- Pro-active management of past due production orders.
- Maintain material master data related to Planning and Scheduling to ensure proper settings and product supply.
- Align ERP capacity availability and requirements with physical shop floor availability and requirements.
- Resolution of back flush errors.
- Execute assigned projects as defined.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exposure within a technical engineering environment, especially Engineered-to-order, is desirable.
- Working knowledge of Production Control methods and Capacity Planning
- Experience working and scheduling within a fabrication/assembly environmental, including FMS, Plastics, Machining, and Welding.
- Ability to work within a team environment using consensus building to achieve a desired result, has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create and analyze processes including development & monitoring of performance metrics associated with those processes.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Fluent computer skills in Microsoft Office based programs.
Minimum Education / Experience Required:
- Bachelor or Associate degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Logistics, Business Administration, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in production scheduling, purchasing, or any equivalent combination of education and experience