The person in this position will be responsible for maintaining consistent pricing implementation within SAP for the PI MO. It is expected this position will drive improvements in our pricing systems in conjunction with the Regional Sales Managers (RSM), Sales Support, Service, and Finance in order to achieve significantly improved price levels and to eliminate price leakage. This person will also be at the forefront of identifying and coordinating with the appropriate department resources to address any price related issues in the setup, maintenance, or daily operations of the SAP/CRM system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads efforts to migrate legacy sales and service pricing structures to SAP and ensures appropriate change management tasks are identified and completed
- Perform legacy data analysis and evaluates customer flags for SAP adaptation
- Ability to work with minimal supervision or instruction and deal with ambiguity to identify needed courses of action
- Ensure SAP pricing models are implemented consistently and accurately minimizing risk of leakage
- Develop SOP of daily requirements and recognize actions or processes that need to be completed in order to effectively administer the pricing function
- Manages Discount Approval and Non-Standard Pricing workflows
- Troubleshoot systematic errors related to pricing conditions
- Confirm new pricing/promotion plans developed by Sales and Service are feasible to be implemented within the SAP pricing framework.
- Understand the financial implication to the business of price changes and recommendations and work collaboratively with the Sales, Service, Marketing, and Finance to implement the appropriate changes.
- Lead organization toward improved price realization and discount results.
- Ensure price increases are appropriately applied to contract renewals and new business quotes
- Provide support at monthly price status and results meetings with Sales and Service
- Monitor, maintain and coordinate Value Price Maps and analyze for all key product and service offerings
- Provide reports and analysis related to price realization for all key products and services
- Run and analyze price reports to identify abnormalities or support sales, marketing, and service analysis
- Ensure compliance with all internal controls and interface with auditors
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Intermediate level experience with SAP with a particular emphasis in the sales and distribution module
- Strong analytical skills with significant quantitative analysis experience. Ability to produce information and communicate observations, implications, and conclusions in a business context
- Business/financial modeling. Ability to mine data and translate business information into models which are predictive of business results to assist in effective decision making
- Strong knowledge of service and sales operations as well as pricing controls
- Ideal skills would include detail orientation, "can do" attitude, strong problem solving skills and the ability to effectively work with ambiguity (the ability to work with the information at hand to achieve set goals)
- Strong communication sills (written and oral), including the ability to effectively interact with sales managers from various regions and even countries
- Project management and organizational skills. Establishes priorities and/or processes to facilitate efficient execution of responsibilities
Minimum Education / Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or related discipline is required
- Five years related experience in a similar business environment