This position is responsible for the support of all department activities including new product development, product improvements, cost savings, specification development, and process development.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/MAJOR DUTIES:
- Assist in the development of new products under the guidance of management, sales, and manufacturing. This includes preparing prototype formulas, conducting product reviews with cross functional team members and follow successful products through plant trials, revisions, product costing, and nutrition label development.
- Reproduce existing products in test kitchen for the purpose of presenting samples to customers.
- Conduct product testing including sensory and shelf life.
- Support production during plant trials and new product start ups.
- Evaluate new ingredients for suitability as cost savings and/or process improvement opportunities.
- Support GFSI activities determined appropriate for the position and necessary to the success of the company’s business.
- Manage ingredient and nutrition label database.
- Maintain test kitchen equipment and cleanliness.
- Maintain ingredient library including par levels of existing ingredients.
- Pack and ship product samples.