- Report to the Vice President and serve as a key member of the leadership team in providing direction, and insight into operation
- Lead a team of 5 Production Supervisors over three shifts to achieve production metrics such as Safety, First time right, MSA, temp labor, and the creation of production standard.
- Partner cross functionally with Planning, Quality, Purchasing, Maintenance and the Warehouse to maximize efficiencies and output of high quality product in a safe manner.
- Coach, mentor and develop supervisors and assess and create plans to grow the skills and competencies of hourly employees to meet current and future business requirements
- Work with scheduler to ensure that plant is scheduled efficiently so that production numbers are attained or exceeded to ensure customer demand can be fulfilled on time
- Use of continuous improvement methodologies and projects to improve and streamline production processes, such as work center design, labor use studies, packaging optimization.
- Lead continuous improvement teams to support business needs.(such as increase out-put, utilize capacity, decrease packing costs ect.)
- Monitor and track KPI, and work with support departments to create corrective actions to drive out variance
- Ensure the first time right quality goals are being pursued, and deviations are being followed up on by corrective actions.
- Ensure complete compliance with general Safety ,Quality, HR and Performance operating guidelines.
- Participate in audit activities and efforts to ensure compliance to internal and external standards,(such as SQF, customer)
- Provide periodic weekend coverage as a member of the leadership team in the facility