The Quality Manager will manage all Good Manufacturing, Food Safety and Quality issues within the plant. This role with be responsible for the QC department and staff ensuring that the facility produces the highest quality products possible in a food safety conscience environment. The Quality Manage will administers and manage the HACCP and BRC programs/processes. Additional responsibility include:
- Responsible for communicating and implementing good manufacturing policies and procedures documenting yearly employee GMP, HACCP training and bi-annual mock recalls with results.
- Communicate and implement Quality policies to ensure recordkeeping and retention of ingredient statements, MSDS, HACCP, kosher and allergen documents, and foreign materials.
- Maintain foreign material log including all foreign materials, specific location, and date and time in addition to specific metal detector information and particles.
- Maintaining Quality requirements as outlined in BRC standards and conduct Quality and BRC related employee training as needed. Maintain requirements for FSMA and hold QPCI Certificate.
- Ensure facility compliance of all Quality Policies and BRC Standards of all plant departments by monitoring and spot-checking, logs, records, etc.
- Coordinate and verify GMP Food Safety Self Inspection Audits are completed each period and results distributed to all departments.
- Responsible for daily product cuttings and record keeping on all shifts and results communicated to plant management team.
- Ensure disposition of “Hold” & “Release” product is authorized in accordance with Quality Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for tracking all product complaints, follow up with customers and reporting all findings to the Operations Manager and the Sr. VP of Bakery Operations.
- Communicate all microbiological issues and contamination in accordance with Quality Policies ensuring product shipping dates correspond with microbiological results if applicable.
- Coordinate sending product samples to outside testing facilities and customer samples to be sent out requested by sales.
- Coordinates new products to be developed through communication with sales and customers.