Our client, a manufacturer of heavy equipment is seeking a highly skilled Design Engineer that will analyze the needs of customers, determining modifications or designs needed to fulfill requirements for equipment. This role also includes analyzing existing products with a view to improving their efficiency and overall performance.
- Design functional equipment that meets customer needs.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of company's products and equipment capabilities, as well as engineering disciplines effecting equipment.
- Check detail drawings for assemblies for others and self as required.
- Create or modify assembly and piece detail drawings utilizing AutoCAD and/or INVENTOR for in-house and outside steel fabrication resulting in complete, accurate, consistent, timely and efficient production and sales drawings.
- Communicate with other departments and vendors regarding timing and availability of items.
- Resolve problems and answer questions of other departments concerning drawings.
- Travel (on short notice at times) with sales personnel to customers' and vendors' facilities.