Our client has engaged us to identify talent for an Engineering Manager that manages and directs the work of engineering staff that directly supports Foundry and Finishing operations. Oversees the design, development, testing, assessment, and continuous improvement of machinery, equipment, tooling, production processes and systems to meet or exceed objectives for safety, product quality, productivity, and cost efficiency. Collaborates with production management, quality assurance, safety/environmental, product development, and other personnel to achieve customer satisfaction and Company objectives.
- Successfully lead and implement Continuous Improvement and process control engineering department.
- Schedules and facilitates training and implementation for managers, supervisors and associates.
- Manages and directs the work of engineers, technicians, and other staff that directly support foundry and finishing operations by strong metallurgy knowledge , processes—Melting, Casting, Heat Treat, Machining, Paint throughout the plant.
- Directs the design, development, testing, and continuous improvement of machinery, equipment, tooling, and production processes to meet or exceed objectives for safety, environmental, product quality, machine utilization, productivity, and cost efficiency.
- Promotes use of structured problem-solving tools, such as failure mode and effects analyses (FMEA), design of experiments (DOE), and root cause analysis (RCAR) to improve production processes/methods, reduce scrap/rework, and improve efficiency/output
- Reviews and approves engineering drawings, material specifications, progress reports, and other project documentation
- Collaborates with production management, quality assurance, product development, and other personnel to achieve necessary information sharing and coordination of effort, and to support overall Company objectives, TS 16949 and ISO 14001 standards, etc.
- Evaluates new product specifications, customer requirements, and results of production trials and tests and supports Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP) & Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) to help ensure effective/timely launch of new products
- 7-10 years of progressive and related manufacturing experience is required.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent strongly preferred. Related Associates degree, or equivalent required.
- Experience in metallurgy and/or die casting processes and equipment, preferably aluminum.
- Additional experience in Quality Systems including TS 16949, Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (FMEA), Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval (PPAP) highly desirable.
- Technical skills include gauging, inspection processes, blueprint reading, geometric dimensioning/tolerancing.