Our client is a global industry leader looking for an Operations Manager that will plan, direct and coordinate the operations of an organization; for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of departmental and organizational operations through the provision of effective methods, strategies and the Company’s goals and values.
- Ensures that all company safety practices and procedures are adhered to by all production, shipping/receiving and maintenance staff and leads by example; to include participating in health & safety meetings, continual improvement of health & safety procedures, and all company safety objectives are met or exceeded
- Initiate plans and procedures which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital. Assure attainment of business objectives and productions schedules while insuring product standards that will exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Ensure that all workings are manufactured in a correct, cost effective and timely manner in alignment with specifications and quality requirements
- Chalk out or improve operational systems, processes and best practices that guarantee organizational well-being
- Contribute towards the achievement of company’s strategic and operational objectives; to include examination of financial data/statements and utilize them to improve profitability; perform quality controls and monitor production KPI’s; and assist with recruiting, training, supervision, performance evaluations, employee development and succession planning.
- Liaison with top management; assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity, implement and manage operational plans.
- Planning and controlling change; insure that QA programs, practices & standards are followed/achieved; researching new technologies and alternative methods of efficiency.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity, goal achievement, and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Identifies recommends and implements changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data; directs the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Engineering, Industrial Technology, Computer Science, or a related field from an accredited College or University, or an equivalent combination of education & experience
- 5 - 9+ years of experience in production and manufacturing processes, excellent technical knowledge in the steel, mining, industrial, recycling or maintenance repair industry, to include Supervisory experience