Currently, we are seeking a Director of Engineering in the Greater Chicago area. This position has responsibility for all New Product development and day-to-day engineering activities. This is a leadership role in designing new machines for new markets and features for enhancing customer expectations of existing equipment. The Director of Engineering will oversee management of all areas of Engineering to include directing daily activities and ensuring schedules are met with quality and within cost.
- Provides technical leadership for Design Engineers, and Engineering staff in the development and execution of new product development and production orders.
- Responsible for technical quality, reliability, product safety, BOM’s, and innovation of solutions of the engineering team.
- Insures that all designs conform to Industry standards and enhances company reputation.
- Develops and monitors schedules for all engineering activities and communicates deviations throughout the organization.
- Mentors and develops design engineers and staff.
- Thrives in a dual development and production environment.
- Approximately 20% domestic travel is required and international travel is a possibility
- BA/BS in engineering, or a 4-year technical degree in related discipline.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering or related major or equivalent combination of education of experience.
- 10+ years experience in Engineering including hands on management.
- Successful candidates will have considerable exposure and skill in the food industry, specifically packaging.
- Experience working with manufacturing based technology, processes and principles is preferred.
- Ensure compliance with Company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, OSHA, safety, and complete and on-time delivery at the lowest possible cost.
- Daily supervision of a team of managers, and engineering personnel.
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes for fabricating parts and component selection for the meat products and food industries is essential.