Our client, a leading manufacturer, is currently looking for a Planner/Scheduler to function as the liaison between the customers' needs and the organization's ability to manufacture competitively and profitably. Provides internal/external customers with the highest possible level of customer service through the efficient and effective handling of customer orders, inquiries, problems and complaints, while translating customer needs and stocking requirements into an achievable production schedule that supports customer requirements. Duties performed under general direction of Supply Chain Manager and are coupled with following/achieving manufacturing, quality and performance standards, while exceeding our customer’s expectations with quality service in a timely manner.
- Develops and calculates the production schedule, incorporating forecast and customer orders for on time delivery.
- Monitors lead times on raw material and other purchased items to incorporate into the production schedule.
- Orders raw materials needed to support the production schedule, keeping in mind the need to control the raw material inventory level.
- Prepares production schedule with two-month horizon, coordinating materials, outside services and equipment.
- Generates and issues shop floor packets at least three days prior to start date.
- Determines priorities and initiates action when changes in the forecast and/or resources dictate re-evaluation of existing schedules. Reviews plans with supervisor.
- Maintains a good working relationship with manufacturing and interfaces closely with Manufacturing and Customer Service in regards to capacity requirements and load status, and any other critical information that develops.
- Responsible for monitoring the inventory level for make to stock items.
- Keeps Supply Chain Manager informed in a timely manner of all manufacturing and scheduling problems.
- Performs special assignments as required.
- Resolves customer complaints in a timely and effective manner