Our client, a leading manufacturer, is currently looking for a Senior Buyer that will assist in purchasing, material planning, quoting and negotiating with suppliers, monitoring supplier performance and working with minority sourcing. The Lead Buyer reports to the Director of Operations
- Issue Requests for Quotes to vendors.
- Negotiate prices with component suppliers for discrete orders, blanket orders and vendor scheduled contracts.
- Consolidate supply base as appropriate.
- Acquire cost savings throughout supply chain.
- Monitor supplier performance on a quarterly basis and submit corrective actions as needed.
- Maintain purchasing standards to meet ISO/TS16949:2002 including supplier set up and development to required quality standards including maintenance of Master Supplier List.
- Maintain, monitor, and report to customer and corporate on Minority supplier sourcing and performance.
- Contact suppliers regarding non-acceptable material.
- Return shipments of non-acceptable material to suppliers.
- Analyze and approve price discrepancies, receiving discrepancies, premium freight expenses and other charges incurred with component part suppliers.
- Support and follow the Company Safety Program.