This position plans and coordinates supplier launch preparation activities, focusing on pre-production schedule development, product design release, tooling and equipment development and installation, and trial management. This position also coordinates engineering change coordination and delivery improvement activities in order to ensure that company continues to meet customer quality, manufacturing, and delivery requirements during the mass production phase.
- Develop master preparation plans by coordinating with customers, suppliers, sales, purchasing, engineering, and quality to ensure the project is on schedule meeting specific targets set by the customer.
- Lead regular launch meetings at the customer, supplier, and internally to ensure projects are meeting master preparation plans. Elevate potential road blocks and foster good communication across all those on the project teams.
- Primary communication conduit between the customer and supplying locations. Ensure suppliers are updated promptly of project developments and changes driven by customer targets and requirements.
- Coordinate customer pre-production orders, trial builds, and customer delivery.
- Coordinate customer visits, related agenda, and materials to be reviewed.
- Keep and manage open issues and report out accordingly from team meetings.
- Negotiate drawing release timing based on tooling lead times to ensure the master preparation plan targets are met.
- Coordinate engineering change control schedules with the customer and supplier to ensure changes are implemented on time and no resulting obsolete inventory.
- Monitor and manage post-launch production control activities of the supply-base to ensure program continues to meet customer requirements during the life of the program.
- Ensure APQP and quality targets are being met.