Our client is a provider of integrated product handling solutions known to be an innovator and for being technologically advanced. They have the ability to leverage their experience as problem-solving specialists to increase line efficiency, maximize profitability and minimize risk. They are currently seeking a Controls Engineer to provide design efforts related to electrical systems from inception through production for both new and existing products. The Controls Engineer will have mechanical and electrical integration experience as well as demonstrated programming experience.
- Review specifications with client to ensure understanding and development of exceptions if required.
- Timely development of controls estimates for system quotations for both electrical and pneumatic controls systems.
- Controls design includes process flow diagrams, panel layout, termination diagrams and field wiring pull schedules in accordance with NEC, NFPA and UL specifications.
- PLC, HMI and servo programming in accordance with industry and client guidelines.
- Component specification, development of bills or materials, solicitation of vendor quotations and, ordering of components in accordance with manufacturing requirements enlisting the assistance of purchasing.
- Assist in start-up and debug as required at either company facility or client facility.
- Provide open communication relaying status updates to the engineering and management teams.
- Participate in all necessary project and product meetings.
- Assume responsibility for controls related service calls.
- Associates or better in Electronics Engineering Technology or related field and/or equivalent industry experience.
- 3-10 years of experience in process control solutions, programming PLCs, implementing HMIs in an OEM environment, and designing industrial electrical controls systems.
- Allen Bradley PLC/HMI hardware and software knowledge (Logix 5000, RSView ME, PaneBuilder)
- Computer software experience to include MS Office and MS Project
- Electrical design experience using AutoCad
- Strong interpersonal skills verbally and in writing (presentations, documentation, etc.)
- Self-directed and resourceful with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Team oriented with the ability to work with team members at all levels and outside vendors.
- Able to travel up to 50%