Our client, a leading manufacturer is seeking a highly skilled Cost Planning Specialist:
This position applies principles of manufacturing to prepare cost estimates and develop cost reduction activities
- Ability to prepare written correspondence and research, compile, and maintains reports.
- Develops standard costs for new products.
- Computes standard costs for all products annually.
- Interprets and enters data, updates and maintains cost information in system as changes in costs and materials occur.
- Participates in the annual budgeting process.
- Controls cost estimation reporting for new products and product changes.
- Analyzes production costs.
- Participates in and/or leads cost reduction and process improvement activities.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in-group problem solving situations.
- Communication- Must be able to discuss with all levels of management, ability to build trust and win an agreement.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.