One of our best, long-term clients is seeking an Area Technical Manager that will responsible for technical sales support of Steel products within a specific geographical area; and works closely with Sales, Market Development and customers/potential customers to identify new opportunities for the use of steel products.
- Provide technical sales support of Steel products within a specified geographical area and in accordance with the current sales and marketing plan.
- Develop the market for Steel products by upgrading existing applications, or developing new application designs.
- Initiate and coordinate strategic application projects in close collaboration with customers and any required internal resources, and support any subsequent customer trials.
- Support and educate customers at their facilities, and report on any actions taken and potential new opportunities/technical issues to appropriate parties.
- Investigate claims and complaints related to Steel products, as required.
- Keep key customers and products sales personnel up-to-date on new and existing technical information related to products, and conduct internal sales training as needed.
- Assess and identify opportunities for the use of Steels products in new market scenarios and/or new geographical areas, as required.
- Collect, interpret and report on competitors’ products and level of technical support.
- Foster relationships with Inside Sales, Customer Service, Regional Sales Managers (RSM’s), Marketing, Product Support, Global Services, Finance and Engineering employees.
- Bachelors Degree a plus.
- Superior communication skills, be customer focused, and a good presenter
- 5+ years of experience in the area of product/equipment design, and general knowledge of workshop processes, e.g. welding, cutting and forming
- Must possess outstanding organization skills.
- Computer proficiency with programs like MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.