Our client, a leading manufacturer is seeking a highly skilled Manufacturing Engineer with Injection Molding experience.
This position develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls; coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
- Carries out process improvement, problem resolution, project management and employee training.
- Improves manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Prepares and presents plans for the above and coordinates deployment including training of team members.
- Assists manufacturing in improving a system of production control, standard operating procedures, safety, quality control and training.
- Performs research, designs and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
- Prepares and maintains detailed process layouts.
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluates results.
- Designs, develops and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Writes process design specifications based on analysis of part prints.
- Develops machine and tooling specifications.
- Controls capital expenditure budgets for new product launches and process improvements.
- Designs equipment layouts for lines, cells, and zones.
- Completes APQP documentation according to internal, customer, or other recognized automotive standards.
- Works as a team with quality and manufacturing to find root cause issues and implements effective countermeasures.
- Establishes and documents injection molding process parameters for optimal part quality.
- Understand basics of injection mold tooling design and how that design impacts the finished part characteristics.