Our client, a world class manufacturer is seeking a highly skilled Welding Engineer. This position supports all technical aspects of welding processes. This includes but is not limited to job setup, initiation of new welding procedures, welding process control, investigation and disposition of weld nonconformance, development of corrective actions, problem solving with manufacturing and maintenance of weld procedure documentation and welder qualifications. This position will also provide technical support as needed to customers.
- Apply Lean principles (5S, kaizen, visual factory, etc.) to structural welding operations.
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Ensure welding operations are safe, productive, and efficient. Interact with operations, design engineering, purchasing, and sales to resolve issues with existing and new products.
- Play a key role in new product design for manufacturability, rollout planning, and execution.
- Gather, track, and analyze process control data to drive an improvement action plan.
- Maintain weld specifications and assist quality/production in inspection, communication, resolution, and prevention of defects. Maintain work instructions and procedures to standardize work and assist in training.
- Provide input on equipment selection and process application. Explore opportunities for welding automation or robotics with supporting justification.
- Lead and/or be part of a variety of cross-functional continuous improvement teams.