- Requests quotes for spare parts, tooling, services, etc. – review quotes for accuracy, and negotiate best pricing
- Continuously negotiates better pricing with existing suppliers, and perform market tests with potential suppliers
- Expedites orders and requests as needed.
- Prepares purchase orders.
- Maintains procurement records, such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Keeps abreast of market trends, changes in business practices in the assigned markets, new or altered types of materials entering the market, etc.
- Supports advanced purchasing for new projects, summarize and deliver supplier recommendations to company management.
- Directs purchasing functions including providing materials in support of the manufacturing schedule, select, evaluate, and review supplier performance to continually improve value added and cost reduction.