The Electrical Engineer will analyze machinery and extrusion specifications and performance requirements for new and/or existing machinery and then develop and implement an appropriate control system solution.
- Apply machine control technology to new and existing equipment. Provide electrical engineering design services and assist with the creation of conceptual designs and specifications for new projects.
- Participate in control system design activities by developing and implementing HMI and soft-PLC modifications and enhancements.
- Program logical machine functions with IEC61131 programming tools and design HMI interfaces with graphical development tools.
- Create schematics, detail drawings, assemblies, sub-assemblies, BOM’s and panel layouts, using AutoCAD, and perform required analysis to ensure the satisfaction of all project specifications needed for the procurement, manufacture and assembly of components.
- Support installation and/or commissioning of new and retrofit equipment.
- Provide technical support of machinery as needed, including service calls, trouble-shooting and problem solving. Utilize remote connection tools to provide technical support and guidance to successfully fulfill customer service requests.
- Work collaboratively with all engineering disciplines and field service personnel to ensure successful completion of projects.
- Ensure that all engineering documentation is released in a timely manner to meet the requirements of the project schedule and budget.
- Work with the Sales Department in determining the viability of proposed retrofits to existing equipment.
- Provide input and guidance for overall control system development initiatives based on customer feedback, retrofit implementation, and field service experience.
- Assist the Technical Documentation department in the preparation of all drawings, specifications and specific operating procedures required in properly supporting product in the field.