Our client is a respected industry leader with a track record of profitability, consistent growth, and promoting from within. Their mission to deliver quality products is driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and a commitment to treat people as their most valuable asset. We have been engaged to identify and recruit top talent who will make meaningful contributions to their organization. If you are prepared to work in an exciting and rewarding environment, we look forward to considering your experience and qualifications.
The Senior Planner will play a key role within the Supply Chain to use their knowledge of demand planning and inventory management, lean manufacturing concepts and software to ensure customer orders are delivered in a timely and accurate manner.
- Works to establish collaborative relationships with Sales, Logistics, Procurement, Manufacturing and other departments as necessary to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Establishes and maintains the Master Production Schedule (MPS) for assigned production lines with the goal of achieving adequate lead times, inventory levels and production efficiencies.
- Determine and assign order Finish Dates that ensure a cost effective on-time delivery.
- Generate and review daily reports on production activity, order backlog, inventory status and other metrics and present them to concerned internal employees to facilitate decision making.
- Works in conjunction with the Planning Manager on the S&OP process.
- Interact directly with key customers to execute Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) programs.
- Monitors deviations from the production plan and initiates corrective action in a timely manner.
- Contribute to processing inter-company purchase orders to import film as needed to supplement North American capacity.
- Continuous review of inventory to prevent obsolete inventory and decrease days of supply without impacting customer service.
- Provide accurate and timely communication of production shortages or delays.
- Identify issues that may impact customer satisfaction and engage the appropriate departments to quickly resolve the issues.
- Partner with Manufacturing to achieve a high level of customer service while at the same time achieving operational efficiencies. Seeks understanding of Manufacturing constraints and capacities and works to drive improvements.
- Helps identify and prioritize system improvements within SAP (MRP) and Optivision (shop floor).
- Works with Business Directors on setting production priorities and scheduling trials for product development.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Technology, or related field is an asset
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a supply chain or logistics function (Plan Source Make - Deliver)
- Minimum 5 years’ direct experience working as a Sr. Planner/Demand Planner
- Experience in forecasting and demand planning in fast-moving consumer packaged goods environment is highly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel / Access as well as Business Warehouse reporting tools
- Experience and proficiency in SAP is a must!
- APICS and Six Sigma Green Belt Certification is an asset
- Strong analytical, systems and numeracy skills with capability to master complexity
- Demonstrated bias for continuous improvement, problem solving, change management
- Group collaboration expertise as team member and team leader
- Strong judgment and decision making ability
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Superior team player who keeps calm under challenging situations
- Strategy and systems thinking perspectives
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to effectively influence across levels and functions
- Strong customer focus (internal & external)
- Strong Business Acumen
- Ability to work within cross functional teams and independently
- Detail-oriented with understanding of big picture
- Some travel will be required