Supervise production activities. Responsible for meeting production schedules, line speed standards, cost targets and quality standards. Integral part of production team with ability to make recommendations in the selection of employees, and follow through with training and performance management of these employees.
Major Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Help plan weekly work schedules. Assign duties of shift personnel.
- Meet with the production supervisor and work leader from the prior shift and incoming shift to establish any production problems, schedule changes, personnel shortages, product counts etc.
- Complete reports as required. This includes shift reports, downtime, exception report, process control sheets, line speeds, batches, temperatures, lot code tracking and other pertinent reports
- Report all malfunctioning equipment to maintenance, including any equipment missing, broken or altered
- Secure all necessary materials for use during shift.
- Conduct performance management, training and development, including any corrective action as needed
- Bachelor Degree preferred, but not required
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to coordinate with sanitation, quality, maintenance and other internal departments
- Experience in the food industry required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong communication and training skills
- Good mechanical and technical skills
- Organized with good time management skills