In this vital role you will:
- Be responsible for electrical engineering project(s) and the supervision of electrical schematic drafters and programmers.
- Obtain customer specifications and designing the electrical systems that operate the machinery. This involves working closely with the Sales Department and direct customer contact. Application of electrical engineering knowledge of machinery principles and materials which includes manufacturing methods and processes to insure designs are functional, practical, economical and satisfy customer operating requirements.
- Work with design that includes the development of the required Programmable Logic Control and accompanying Screen Logic and electrical schematics. Prepares proper bills of material based on design and orders necessary control unit(s) for production.
- Maintain oversight and development of the required PC based control and accompanying Screen Logic and electrical schematics. Prepare proper bills of material based on design and orders necessary control unit(s) for production.
- Analyze and prioritize projects based on the scope of established customer delivery dates. Assign duties to drafters and programmers as per requirements from production schedule.
- Interface with the Electrical Production Department to insure machinery is properly wired which may include the revising of written electrical machine logic. Coordinate with the Production Department to conduct machinery electrical system testing and interfaces with other departments e.g. sales/marketing, parts, purchasing, etc., to coordinate work/projects to ensure customer on-time delivery. Prepare and direct reports to other departments to address and resolve inquiries and problems.
- Act as a technical resource for customers and Service Department’s Service Technicians to address and resolve inquires and problems. This includes during machine installation and start-up in customer plant(s).
- 10+ years’ experience in design and/ or application engineering.
- Experience in supervision of electrical schematic drafters and programmers.
- Knowledge of PLC Logic (Allen Bradley a must / Siemens preferred), experience with PC based controls (Beckhoff preferred), familiar with IEC 61131-3 programming languages, AutoCad Electrical, programming and operator screen development (RS View) and ability to understand and write wiring schematics.
- IT skills preferred.
- Packaging experience preferred.
- Bachelors of Science degree in engineering (electrical preferred).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills which includes presentation skill.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office – Word/Excel, AutoCad Electrical, IT)
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to successfully handle a multi-tasked role.