Site Manager leads efforts to optimize and strengthen the organization’s manufacturing processes with a strong focus on safe operations and continuous improvement.
- Drives shop floor manufacturing improvements, focus on improving lead times and quality.
- Helps design, develop and implement a formal quality control plan for all operations and conduct activities to ensure that the plan is followed; oversees the implementation of quality control measures to all key manufacturing processes to reduce irregularities and waste.
- Participates in continuous improvement (Kaizen) activities to improve profitability, reliability and overall product performance.
- Support research and development activities; may be responsible for new product testing when applicable.
- Works with engineering and materials departments to develop, implement and oversee packaging standards for all product lines.
- Mentors, coaches and teaches a team production and admin employees to support achievement of departmental and organizational goals as designated in the company’s strategic operating plan.
- Performs employee reviews and gives constructive feedback to team.
- Works in unison with other management team members to achieve the organization’s strategic and financial goals.
- Ensure stock levels are appropriate to support quick lead times to both internal (branches) and external customers. Work with purchasing team to set up appropriate min/max levels.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the General Manager.