Our client is a leading, global manufacturer providing integrated packaging solutions for the food, personal care, and household products industries. They are looking for a proven and dynamic leader for a Product Line Manager position. The ideal candidate will be the technical resource as well as have strong business acumen with the ability to work at all levels.
- Develop and implement the product line strategy with the VP of Sales and VP of Technology using in depth knowledge of competitive landscape and channel partner needs.
- Partner with Marketing on developing and supporting a continuous go-to-market strategy for the selected product line.
- Drive solutions across the Sales, Engineering, and Production and Engineering teams in order to increase profitability.
- Support sales force requests, respond to inquiries, and participate and close key sales situations for the product segment.
- Provide and/or coordinate technical training for the product line to both internal and external customers.
- Create and Manage Distribution Tiers for the product line; manage Customer/Distributor issues and expectations on projects.
- As needed, attend design review meetings, tabling any concerns and acting on these concerns through close communication with the department managers.
- Assist and provide direction as necessary for integrating products with other products.
- Develop and maintain materials related to the competitive analysis enabling a comparison of the product segment with key competitors.
- 5+ years of experience in Sales, Engineering, Product Management or similar capacity
- BS in Business, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to tactfully and respectfully assert ideas.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills (both internal and external).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities.