The Operations Manager is responsible for maintaining and guiding all production and scheduling activities including: Production Management, Scheduling, Operations Administration, and Shipping.
- Manages Production activities through guidance of Production Managers, including daily, weekly, and monthly scheduling and run requirements for all departments.
- Manages and maintains scheduling activities, including all Sales orders entered and aligns and schedules for best fit into the production environment. Adjusts scheduling needs accordingly and clearly communicates to all necessary departments / individuals when adjustments must be made to meet customer and production demands.
- Using databases and analytic tools (KPI’s), understands and measures daily production activities. In the event of a deviation from standard, works with Production Managers to establish root cause and corrective actions to maintain expected production rates.
- Review production requirements daily and work with all associated departments to communicate (or lead associated parties to communicate) all necessary updates.
- Manages and leads inventory activities, including monthly and quarterly cycle counts. Works to reduce excess and obsolete or slow moving inventory.
- Works with Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering to assist with Continuous Improvement.
- Manages shipping personnel and activities, ensuring all products ship efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Manages Operational staff to meet the needs of order release and production as well as associated operational administration activities required for daily operation.